Fall Food Recipe: Dessert!
You know that time after you have finished your meal and you just want to relax with a glass of wine and something sweet? For that time we want to share with you an easy to make African style dessert recipe :)
This recipe features the superfood COCONUT!
Time ~ 1.5 hours (the setting of the toffee takes the longest)
- 2 cups of Grated Coconut
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- .5 cup of water
- .25 Lime
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- In a saucepan add your sugar and water
- Heat your saucepan on medium-high
- Add your coconut
- When the mixture is a soft consistency add a little bit of lime juice
- Continue to stir your mixture until brown
- Spread your mixture into your baking sheet
- Push the excess into the corner
- Wait to cool and harden
- Cut and serve!
You can add food colouring for festive occasions like halloween of christmas. Add in your food colouring during the lime stage. Just don't cook until brown. Here are some pictures from the internet. Attributions in the picture description.