Adinkra Symbol Eban | Love, Safety and Security | Earrings
"You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart and mind because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you "
Make a wish and wear your earrings as a reminder to cherish your human connections with friends and family!
These solid brass adinkra earrings called EBAN, "the fence" in English, is a symbol of love, safety and security.
The home in our culture is a special place. A home which has a fence around it is considered to be an ideal residence. The fence symbolically separates and secures the family from the outside. Because of the security and the protection that a fence affords, the symbol is also associated with the security and safety one finds in love. This symbol is handcrafted from recycled brass.
- Hypoallergenic earrings hooks
- Recycled brass
- ~2 inches long from earring hook to tip
- Comes with Alora message card
- Comes with an Alora gift bag ready for gifting. But please let us know if is a gift :)
- All of our Jewelry pieces are handcrafted in our home studio in Calgary, Alberta Canada by the mother-daughter duo of Emilyn and Jameela. Each piece is handcrafted with the utmost details from recycled glass and recycled brass and symbolizses a message of positivity, love and kindness. The symbols and messages are inspired by our Ghanaian heritage. By purchasing an Alora piece, we believe:
- You've invested in a high quality piece that will last you a lifetime and act as a positive reminder of the things you care about
- We believe that when you purchase an Alora piece you are helping reduce waste and promote a sustainable lifestyle in your community
- We believe that our pieces will add to the inner beauty that exist in you
What are Adinkra symbols?
Adinkra symbols are originally from Ghana and are a series of symbols that encapsulate evocative messages that convey traditional wisdom, aspects of life or the environment. To read more about the origin and history of Adinkra symbols, please read the history of Adinkra Symbols in the education section in the footer
Region of Residence Shipping Fee Calgary
Free pickup for any order at our home studio
*Please note we also offer free delivery to your home for orders over $100
Rest of Canada $5 for jewelry orders and free shipping available for orders over $100 US $7 for all jewelry orders Rest of the world $10 for all jewelry orders
Want more?Review our shipping info in its entirety. Also please scroll down to the bottom of the cart page and use our shipping rates calculator
At-A-Glance ReturnsOur policy lasts 30 days and is simple: should you find yourself unhappy with any purchase, we will gladly offer you an exchange within 30 days of the original purchase.
*Please note we do not offer any exchanges on Earrings
Want more? Review our returns policy in its entirety.