Midnight Necklace - Healing Beads | Recycled Glass Beads | Recycled Brass
“Confidence, Resilience, Protection”
In Ghana, glass beads have been used historically to celebrate special occasions and traditional healing. Wear this statement necklace as a reminder that the black bead is protective. It is the color of self-control and resilience.
A note from Jameela: I created this necklace as a true statement piece. I created it to showcase the beauty and intricacy of one's heritage. The long brass pieces are created with an intricate braided texture that represents two things: beautifully braided hair and the interconnected community around accepting traditional hair styles. The black beads are thick, and heavy and represent the resilience of the individual and of humanity in general. I absolutely love this piece and have wanted to craft something that makes a bold statement about who I am.
- Handmade: You are wearing a one of a kind piece that supports an artist’s livelihood and the local economy.
- Recycled Brass: You are helping reduce your environmental footprint by wearing a piece of jewelry that will not tarnish or fade over time.
- Recycled Glass beads: By wearing this piece you helping to support the livelihoods of the women in Ghana who create these beads.
- Comes with a Meaning Card: This piece gives you confidence through setting an intention. Please let us know if this is a gift.
- Wearing your Alora piece makes you feel good in knowing that you are giving back to the community through your purchase.
- Length: 81 cm or 32 inches
- Bead Size 2 cm round
- Brass Bead Size: 2cm round
- Oblong Brass Pendant: ~5 cm or 1.75 inches
- Hemp Cord
- Necklace Length Chart
- Your jewelry should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off
- Do not get your jewelry wet
- Store your jewelry in a dry place
- You do not need to polish the brass. It will keep its color.
Buy now and help empower disadvantaged women today. Click the "Add to Cart" Button above.